Let’s Speak Finnish! – An active course in Finnish language and culture for immigrants now ONLINE! - Beginner Level Part 1
2021-05-10 - 2021-06-09
Let’s Speak Finnish! Online – An effective and unique course in Finnish language and culture for immigrants is formed of four Beginner level and four Intermediate level parts. Speaking practice starts already on the first lesson and your understanding, speaking, and writing will improve day by day, with a target proficiency level of A1.2. English is used as an auxiliary language of the course.
Beginner Level Part 1
- Starting level 0 and target level A1.2
- During the first part, you will learn how to introduce yourself.
- You will discuss different housing types and living environment in Finland.
- You will take a look at the typical everyday routine in Finland and discuss your own daily schedule.
- You will learn to ask for and give directions.
- Grammar topics covered include interrogatives; present tense (positive and negative); verb types; locational cases (where?, to where?, from where?); consonant gradation; verb rections; necessive clause (I must); pre and postpositions; object 1; conditional; telling time; numerals
Course time: 10.5.-9.6.2021, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays ONLINE
Course dates: 10.5., 12.5., 14.5., 17.5., 19.5., 21.5., 24.5., 26.5., 28.5., 31.5., 2.6., 4.6., 7.6., 9.6.2021 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 17:00-19:30 (3 x 45 min, 15 min break)
Course consists of 42 hours of contact lessons on-line and 42 hours of independent study including all study material.
Course price: 300 € (incl. VAT 24%)
Place: The course is held completely online. The teacher will contact the participants by email prior to the beginning of the course, so please make sure to give your valid email address when you register. To participate you need a computer with an internet connection, a camera and a headset, and basic computer skills.
Organizer: Onnenkieli Oy